The Borough would like to honor our military and veteran residents with their Military & Veteran Tribute Banner program. Last year the Borough displayed 300 banners throughout the Borough. This year it will be almost 400!
Please send in photographs of present or past Fair Lawn residents (both living and deceased) that are serving or have served in the United States Military. Please explain their direct and continued connection to Fair Lawn.
Photographs can either be physical photos or a HIGH RESOLUTION scanned and emailed version. Please do not take a photo of a photo in a frame.
• Photos should be of the individual in their service uniform or veteran cap.
• Photos should be 5 x 7 or 8 x 10 and of the HIGHEST quality possible. Physical photos can be mailed to the below address, they will be returned.
• Scanned photos should be saved as a jpeg and emailed to email@example.com
• Please include the name of the individual and the branch they served in.
• Please do not send smaller photos, group photos or a photograph of a photograph as they cannot be transferred to a banner properly.
Photo submission has closed for 2023, applications for 2024 are due by Friday, January 26, 2024.
***If you already have a banner you do not need to resend a photo. Your banner will be displayed again each year.
Please mail physical photos (they will be returned) to:
Borough of Fair Lawn
Office of Veteran Affairs
8-01 Fair Lawn Avenue
Fair Lawn, New Jersey 07410
Banners will be displayed from Memorial Day through September 11th.
Once installed, the banner locations will be uploaded here.
Please contact Fair Lawn’s Office of Veteran Affairs at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 201-794-5331 with questions.
Last Updated: Mon, 05/22/2023 - 12:27pm