Fitness Class Regulations
Fair Lawn Senior Center Fitness Program Safety Guidelines
In order to operate a safe and enjoyable fitness program the following guidelines are effective immediately:
- Every participant MUST fill out a Fair Lawn Senior Center Health Questionnaire and be responsible for keeping the information current.
- Sneakers MUST be worn for every class. Approved rubber-soled shoes with NO HEELS are also acceptable.
- You must sign the attendance sheet before each class. IF you arrive at class and the attendance sheet is filled up you must wait until the next class begins.
- If you arrive and class has already begun, you will not be able to participate until the next scheduled class.
- Warm-up and cool downs are essential parts of the exercise class and are beneficial to you. It is important that you arrive on time for class.
- Walking between other participants to get to the equipment cabinet puts yourself and others at risk for injury. It is important that equipment is obtained before class begins.
- If an early departure is necessary, please ask a participant near by to put your equipment away at the end of class.
- If unable to attend the fitness classes due to surgery or an injury, a doctor's note must be provided in order to return to the fitness program.