Fair Lawn Borough Garden Committee
The Fair Lawn Borough Garden Committee (FLBGC) is a volunteer committee that plants and maintains gardens in public spaces around the Boro. We are appointed by the Mayor and Council and meet formally (4) four times a year. We garden April through November, weather permitting.
To date, we have planted spaces at:
- The Maurice M. Pine Free Public Library
- The Fair Lawn Municipal Building
- The Cadmus House
- The Radburn shopping area
- The railroad crossing on Fair Lawn Ave.
- Owen and Plaza Rd. traffic island
- Municipal Building Annex, adjacent to the Library
- Fair Lawn Recycling Center
- The triangular gateway to Fair Lawn on Prospect/Saddle River Rd.
- Spring-flowering bulbs in the center islands on Radburn Rd.
9-11 Memorial Garden Paver Form (Click Here)
Not only do we plant, but prune, weed, and water as well. Experience is not necessary, and some join to learn about planting and maintenance. If you would like to become a member call the Borough Clerk's office, 201-794-5340.
If you would like to donate plants from an overgrown garden or a landscaping update, please call Martha, (201) 796-8369. We cannot take large shrubs as conifers with deep root systems; azaleas and rhododendrons are usually good. Perennials are always welcome.
If you any gardening questions you would like us to answer in this space, please contact
New Jersey’s Fertilizer Law